Friday, November 11, 2011

Chocolate Chunk Cookies

When I am able to be home when my kiddos get home from school, my youngest daughter loves coming into the house to smell something yummy and 9 times out of 10, it is a variation of this cookie recipe. I have made it with every chocolate chunk or other chip variation you can think of but today I made them with chocolate and peanut butter swirled chips (because they were so cool looking!). I love drop cookies because they are so simple to make and they always bring a smile. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Please note that I try to use local Vermont products when possible - you will see the Vermont products that I used in parentheses next to the ingredient.

1 cup butter (Cabot preferred)

3/4 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 egg (Shadow Cross Farm preferred)

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (King Arthur preferred)

11 to 12 ounces chocolate chips or coarsely chopped semi-sweet chocolate (or any type of chip you like!)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl beat butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in chips.

2. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons (I like to use a cookie scoop - it is one of my favorite kitchen tools) 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (I use parchment paper - it's the best and less clean up!) Bake for 8 to 10 minutes (I have adjusted this time to 12-13 minutes but you should use the recommended times from the recipe and adapt according to your oven). Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.

slightly and lovingly adapted from Better Homes and Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment